Monday, March 10, 2008

SOOO BIG! :D

First things first! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to all you Emmanuel-ites who contributed so many goodies into a care package for us. :D It was an unexpected, welcome and yummy surprise ...mmm....chocolate :D






Now onto the most adorable member of the family.... :D

Myra has been busy playing and growing. I was able to have her weighed last week and she currently weighs 19 lbs 13 oz and is 29 inches long.

Her new favourite activity is to pull her books off the shelf and then drop them onto the floor beside her. As soon as I put the books back and sometimes even before I finish - she makes a bee-line to the shelf to drop them all over again.



The three top teeth that she's been working on these past weeks have yet to break through - yay! for medicine and spoons and nice cold carrot sticks to soothe aching gums.







A few times in the past weeks I have intended to change Myra's diaper after a nap or stretch of sleep during the night and have found her diaper completely dry. So...I decided to introduce her to the 'potty'. Here she is sitting on it for the first time. I made a big deal of it and kept saying "YAY!!". Now, I put her on it after each nap and in the morning when she first wakes up and Myra promptly starts clapping and saying "yay". :D She actually does pee in it about 80% of the time that I put her on so that's kind of fun. :)



"Peek-a-boo!"



Anyways...thought you would enjoy some cute videos that I shot today. :D


Taking some first steps! :D (sorry about the camera being turned - I keep forgetting that when I do that I'll have to watch it sideways)



So big!! :D

10 comments:

WLJZA said...

So many cute pictures and videos. It was great to video chat with you today. Miss you and love you all lots.

Yvonne said...

Cute, cute, cuteness!!! I wish I could be there to give hugs and watch as she walks:) That book pulling thing - goes on for a while. Kyra still does it although I've noticed it's more deliberate in that she's actually looking for a specific book.
Way to go on the potty thing! I'm about to start that with Kyra next week. I was waiting until swimming lessons was finished. We'll see how that goes. Sorry this turned into a really long comment. Love you and miss you!

Rosanna Toews said...

The pictures and videos made me smile and I am so glad that I get to hug you all soon. Love you.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Ben does the exact same thing with his books... they entertain him for a LONG time...
Andrea

Kirsten said...

Thanks for all the videos. So fun to see Myra grow up, walking, exploring, etc... I love how intently she is pulling off the books! Love you and miss you.

Oh...and I send a big hello from 3R. Saw some girls in the hall the other day, and they were asking about you and wanted me to say hi!

Ruth said...

Thank you Thank you for the videos, I so look forward to coming home from work and getting a good chuckle from all the new vidoes and pictures!
A. Ruth

Dan and Lynn said...

Myra is so adorable! Love the videos and the pictures. I can't believe she's learning to walk and use the potty! She's growing up so fast!:)

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to watch Myra growing up on these videos and pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Great videos :D I love the "so big" one. When are you coming out? I'd love to connect with you this time.

Leanne said...

Ooh, potty training! Way to go Myra (and mom)!
Hope your day is going well today.