Monday, November 8, 2010

Fun with Daddy --





Fun with Crafts --



Marble Painting -- dollar store marbles, a cookie sheet, paper and paint. We made a few splotches of paint on paper, placed some marbles on top then carefully started tipping the cookie sheet in all directions to make a picture. Alternatively, you could put the paper and marbles in a tin box, close the lid and shake it to make a design.





Learning to cut with scissors --



Paper Plate Masks --







Fun outside --



Fun with new tights --

6 comments:

Elissa said...

AWESOME crafts! I love the marble idea... you are the crafting queen! Keep blogging about those crafts so I can try out your ideas! How did the scissor cutting go? I'd like to get Caleb started on scissors but am feeling a bit nervous about it...

Charlotte said...

Thanks Elissa! :D I get most of my ideas from others -- like "Filth Wizardry" (a blog I follow), Mister Maker, and things they have for Myra to do at Strong Start (a free parent participation preschool program that I take her to occasionally). Scissor cutting is so tricky. I was told to have them put their elbow up in the air close to the ear, and turn the hand so the thumb is on top - you can see that Myra is cutting upside down and she isn't able to cut where she wants yet. (Like she wanted to cut out a picture she drew of me and ended up cutting it in half) :)

Andrea said...

Looks like fun! What a creative Mommy you are!

WLJZA said...

I love when you post crafts too cause then I'm reminded of the fun things we did at daycare, like marble painting, only i didn't have marbles today so we used bouncy balls, so fun :)

Unknown said...

hey this is neat - looks like lots of fund. yay!

Dan and Lynn said...

Such cute photos! And great craft ideas! You're a great mom:).