Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 2



Day 2 - we travelled from Baker City, Oregon to Salt Lake City, Utah. Seems that the kids and I cannot help but succumb to napping while we drive. ...especially Isaiah and I. The days are sunny, I start squinting from the brightness, then I close my eyes, and then I realize I'm sleeping sitting up and reach for the little pillow so I can lean over a bit and snooze. :-) I guess it's one way to pass the time...



Classic Isaiah...a car for each hand and a cheesy smile as soon as the camera appears....





The highlight of the day, and any day if you ask Myra, was swimming at the hotel. On our first night, I opted to stay in our room and put Isaiah to bed while Tim and Myra went to try out the pool. I was surprised to hear that Myra had used some arm floaties that were for general public use, and she was swimming so well, Tim didn't even need to support her or hold her! She is such a water lover! Anyways....first stop at Salt Lake City was at Target to buy some water floaties. :D







Myra had a perma-smile on her face for the whole 45+ minutes she was in the pool, swimming back and forth, then, climbing up the stairs and jumping back in to Tim. I am feeling even more inspired now to invest in some swimming lessons.

3 comments:

WLJZA said...

So fun, Jotham loves swimming with water wings too. Next time we're together we'll have to plan a swimming time.

Dan and Lynn said...

Wow, I can't believe how well your kids travel! The last time we took the kids somewhere, Ethan said that he didn't want to nap until we got back home...even after 6 hours of driving, he never napped!

Glad to see that you guys are having so much fun, and that Myra is enjoying the hotel pools! She sure is a cute little fish:)

Christa Lynn said...

Okay...Kylie was absolutely beside herself to see that Isaiah was using her lifejacket...."MOM...KYLIE SHARE LIFEJACKET WITH FRIEND ISAIAH!!!!" She must have said this about 20 times in a row with a gigantic smile! She loves swimming too...maybe we'll have to stick the girls in swimming lessons together!