Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random thoughts

My favorite times this past week have been "talking" with Myra. She is smiling so much these days and cooing, blowing spit bubbles, and gurgling. It is so much fun to interact with her. This morning she was especially happy and would coo as I sang silly songs. :) She is most interactive when I lay her in her crib or on the change table and during her baths. Here's a big smile we captured just prior to bath time.



I had to switch to bathing her in the bathtub as opposed to the kitchen sink since she started kicking so much the floor would get sopping wet. Plus, I could hardly put any water in the tub because she's grown so much. So, on Saturday we tried her new inflatable tub for the first time and she loved it. If I support her laying lengthwise, she's practically swimming/floating in the water. I can also lean her up against the side of the tub widthwise and she sits with her feet against the opposite side.

Here she is intrigued by Great Auntie Dorothy who came to visit from Manitoba.



Posing with A. Dorothy



We've enjoyed great company since my last post. Today my new friend Tammy and her baby Brennagh (pronounced "Bre-nah) came over for lunch. I made "Thick and Creamy Vegetable Soup" and double decker biscuits from the Anne-of-Green Gables cook book Auntie Irene gave me long time ago. It was yummy.





Believe it or not, Brennagh is actually 2 weeks older than Myra. We had the same midwives and met while coming and going from an appointment about a month ago. It's been fun to enjoy the sunny weather by going for walks together around Mill Lake. :)


Last week Tuesday was "Roast N' Toast" for the grade 8's in our middle school group (SOCK). It's tradition and a favorite activity to have the younger grades fashion "grad gowns" out of newspaper for each grade 8 kid who is moving onto youth in fall. This year, the sponsors also made Tim an outfit.





Celebrating with ice cream cake.




mmmm, speaking of ice cream, I think I will sign off and make myself a snack.

unitl next time...

8 comments:

aorr said...

Charlotte!
Wow - Myra is beautiful! What fun. Little girls have the most precious clothes these days! Your biscuits looked amazing too (you should post your recipe).
Hope all is well!
Andrea

aorr said...

Charlotte!
Wow - Myra is beautiful! What fun. Little girls have the most precious clothes these days! Your biscuits looked amazing too (you should post your recipe).
Hope all is well!
Andrea

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Char - I love this post. Just what my day needed!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Great update! The interaction is the best part, I love that the smiles come so easy(especially for mom and dad).
I relate to the water everywhere, when bathing, I want to post a video of Aiden and his very concentrated splashing, I am definitely soaked! One of the best parts of my day!
I would love to come for lunch LOL those bisquits made me hungry!

Jamie said...

Hi Charlotte - I didn't realize you were blogging until today when Rosanna's post tipped me off :)
Myra is such a beautiful (and chubby!) little girl. I'm glad you're enjoying her and that you still have time to make things like double-decker biscuits!

rachel joy said...

Hi, I just found you through Jamie's blog. You're Carmen's friend, right? My hubby is Russ' good friend. Anyways, your midwife post caught my eye as I had a midwife with our first. Natasha delivered him! Actually the ob/gyn did it but she was with me all day. I started going to Heritage just before they moved to Ft. Lang when Natasha joined them. I never met Shelley but she delivered my friend's baby a few months later. Glad you had such a great MW experience. I didn't have one with our second as there are none anywhere near here. (Closest is 10 hours away in Prince George.) We'll see what happens when we move back to the lower mainland. Anyway, long story to say hello and YAY for midwives!

Kirsten said...

Hi Char! I love that you have a blog. Myra is adorable. And yes....let's for sure go for a walk next time I am in Abby. Not sure when that will be yet, but I will let you know.
Love Kirst

Jamie said...

Hi Charlotte - me again :) I just got your comment on my blog and felt like responding. Keziah went through a phase where she was refusing the bottle (at about 2 or 3 months I think) and it was really frustrating. But I was persistent b/c after Micah's bottle refusal I was determined that she would not do the same thing. I'd offer it to her before she got REALLY hungry (& upset) and I also tried offering it to her while we walked around. Eventually she latched on and then I just had to be consistent with it. I hope Myra takes it again for you - it really is a blessing to have a baby who does both!