Sunday, June 3, 2007

Myra was officially six weeks old last thursday. My guess is that she is close to 12 lbs (if not that already) and is wearing many "6 month" clothes.
In some ways it feels like sooo long ago that I was pregnant and miserable. :) Life is much better not pregnant!

Here are a few pictures of us playing dress up: (I think the outfits make her look so grown up!)











After these pictures were taken we went to Walmart for passport photos and had a horrible experience. How is a six-week old baby supposed to hold her head up perfectly straight and centered with eyes open and mouth closed? After an hour of "torture" where Myra's head kept flopping to her chest I said "forget it" and started to cry. Thankfully Sears had a much better method - they simply wrapped a blanket to cover my arms and I was able to support her head - we were finished in about 5 minutes. Thursday we drove to the passport office in Surrey to drop off our applications. Tim had taken the day off work anticipating more than a three hour wait in line. We were in and out within 45 minutes - it was great!

Later that evening Myra and I drove out to Chilliwack to visit Ang. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and walked to Starbucks for a treat. Here's Myra telling Ang a story - we're not sure what exactly :)



Today, Lynn, Rosanna, and my mom organized a "welcome here" party/baby shower for Myra. It was so nice to catch up with friends and family. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring a camera but I'm sure Rosanna will post pictures on her blog. Myra slept the entire time in spite of being passed around from person to person and even being slobbered on by Kyra :) Then right after the shower we joined the rest of the Froese family for a chinese food picnic at Mill Lake. Hooray for friends and family and sunshine and warm weather and wonderful air conditioners that keep our apartment cool!!!

Oh! a thunder storm - I love thunder storms. Tim and I were watching the lightening from our balcony for a while - the smell of rain is awesome!

Wishing everyone a good sleep :)

until next time,

Charlotte

7 comments:

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Hi Charlotte. Just popped in from Rosanna's blog. Hiya!! (If you can't figure out who I am, e-mail me from my profile!)

Wasn't the thunderstorm great!? The thunder shook our house and rattled the windows. I loved it! I'm also the only one who heard it because the rest of the family was already asleep (I'm up doing some quilting).

Myra is such a beautiful little girl. Congratulations on 6 weeks!!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Wow she is getting so big, I LOVE putting Aiden in all his outfit especially the summer ones.
Myra is absolutely adorable, it just amazes me how much cuter they get as time goes on, not that you would imagine that at the beginning.
Wishing you a great week!

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Char this post rocks! Myra is so sweet and cute! I didn't bring my camera yesterday so I don't have any pictures to post. Maybe we can score some off of Mom. Hope you are having a great day. Love you all!

Yvonne said...

Cute outfits Charlotte - that green shirt is my favorite. Sorry about Kyra slobbering all over Myra - I guses it's true that EVERYTHING has to go into a baby's mouth. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday and I'll talk to you later!

Keith - Kristen said...

Wow. Congrats Charlotte! She's really sweet. I can't believe she's so big already. Teagan only weighs 12lbs and 13 oz, but she's four months. Can't believe Myra is growing so quickly. Nice to see somebody else likes to play dress up too :)

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

Charlotte,
Myra is such a cutie! I'm glad that all is well and you're living the sweet mommy life now, instead of the sick pregnant one. Boy, how I can relate. We should exchange stories about how many toilets around town we know *intimately*. Hee hee. Or perhaps it's just better to forget about all that now, hey? I'll say again: I'm so glad that everything is good.