Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thank you God for friends!

Well, we've come to the end of another busy week. :) I've been trying to maximize time by hanging out with as many friends as possible in addition to completing more packing and keeping up with the housework. I must admit that I much prefer seeing friends than doing chores :)

Last Thursday afternoon, Myra and I joined our friends Tammy and Brennagh for some girl time at Metrotown. It was wonderful to be away from the heat and in an air conditioned building and to replace packing duties for hanging out with a good friend. :) As an added bonus, I even found some tops for myself at Old Navy! We had to take a picture of the girls together since they are sooo cute! ...here they are enjoying a break from their carseats.




Early Friday morning the three of us made our way to Courtney to visit our good friends Mike and Darlene. I really enjoyed relaxing and savoring the sunny weather together. Tim and I found the game "Carcassonne" at a cute toy store on the main street and bought it. It's another German game invented by the same people who made "Settlers" and we love it.

Mike, Darlene and Tim took advantage of the heat on Saturday afternoon and headed down the river in inner tubes. The river is especially high these days and flowing faster than usual so it was a hoot!
Here are the guys posing after their wild river ride :)



Check out the white water!



Today we joined Mike and Janna for lunch at Gina's Mexican Cafe before heading to the ferry. It was great to reconnect and enjoy good food. :)



Now for some cutie petutie pictures...
Myra has started to hold her blanket over her face while falling asleep -- a habit I find adorable. :)





Anyways, time for bed - as this next week will prove to be jam packed as well. :)

Cheers :)
Charlotte

5 comments:

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Welcome home family of three! Can't wait to spend time with you this week. Love you! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

So cute, Aiden also sleeps with the blanket around his face! I love that:)
Yuck for packing Yeah for friends, good luck getting a chance to see everyone!
Hopefully we can too:)

Yvonne said...

Wow - you are busy. Glad the weekend was lots of fun. Myra is such a cutie - I love how she snuggles with her blanket. Love you!

Keith - Kristen said...

The girls look so sweet on the table. What a fun table cloth! So I'm a bit out of the loop - moving hey?! Why, where, when? Dare I hope it's closer to cow town? :)

Keith - Kristen said...

Oh shot Char, we will miss you by a week. Bummer, I wanted to meet your little girl so bad. But am happy for your new adventure. I'll definatly keep checking your blog and stay updated with your life. I appreciate your comments left on mine. It's nice to know that we can still stay connected this way. I love you.