Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well, I have been trying to post this post since Tuesday! Sorry to all of you who have been waiting for a new post :) Here it is - finally!





Last Sunday, our little Froese family took advantage of lingering warm weather and spent the day in Chicago. We took an early train so that we could visit Willow Creek Church, which happens to be the largest church in North America, and attended the service at one of their satellite locations in the "Auditorium Theater" (ha ha) - like "The Le Tratoria" from Mickey Blue Eyes :-)





After the service we made our way to the Field Museum which was a fifteen minute walk from the theater. Wow! You could spend days in the museum, easily! so many displays and information. We walked through exhibits of: Ancient Egypt, China, Pacific Ocean, Evolving Planet, Dinosaurs, Africa and many others. There was so much to see! I didn't even have time to read the info posted by each exhibit. It was fun :)











Talented Myra - able to retrieve her soother without the use of any hands :D
(sorry about the background noise - it's Chicago traffic)



I was excited to introduce solids to Myra this week - So far she's tried rice cereal and butternut squash - definitely seems to prefer the butternut squash. I thought I should also be brave and try a new food so I served myself some butternut squash puree with butter and brown sugar ...can't say I enjoyed it ...yugh!



It's been a big week for Myra -- alongside with being introduced to solids, she also graduated to the next size diapers, had the posts of her excersaucer moved up a notch, started a more consistent 4 hour routine (eat, awake for 2 hours, sleep 1.5 hours, repeat), officially reached the 6 month mark, and experienced her first hideout due to a tornado warning. A tornado actually touched down about 20 minutes away from us and caused considerable damage. Crazy!

Here she is just chillin'...



Well -- after trying to upload a few more pictures of Myra for the last 4 hours with no success I think I will call it a night and take myself to bed. Sweet dreams!

10 comments:

Rosanna Toews said...

I miss you.

Russ and Carmen said...

me too.

Keith - Kristen said...

How fun to be able to just hop on the train and go to CHICAGO! It sounds so exotic, or maybe I just need to get out more :) But the whole tornado thing and the baby, uhm no thanks, I'll pass. She's growing so much. 6 months, wow! Absolutely precious.

Corinne said...

It's funny how you can not really know someone very well yet eagerly anticipate their next post....I'm enjoying watching Myra grow, she's so cute!! If you get a chance to go to Chicago again try to get to the zoo. It's free and apparently it one of the most incredible zoos. (my brother Jerry used to live in Chicago and went several times and was always amazed).
Blessings to you!

WLJZA said...

Missing you lots. Its been nice to seeing you when we chat though. Love you.

Yvonne said...

Myra looks so grown-up sitting in her stroller and high chair. Awesome video - Myra's growing so much. Tornado hideout!? Yikes! I never considered that you and Tim would be affected by those. Praying that you remain safe. Love you and have a great weekend!

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Great pictures, Charlotte! It must be so fun to watch Myra go through each stage! Do you have an assigned Tornado Hideout? I'm picturing an old root cellar, but I'm sure it doesn't look like that. Hope you don't have to use it often.

The W's said...

I too am curious about your tornado hideout.
Love the update - what a fun adventure you had! I can't get over how much Myra looks like her Daddy! There's definately Mommy in her too :)

Leanne said...

Ahh! Tornado? How scary!
Myra is adorable, and getting so big...it goes so fast.
Thanks for the update and pictures.

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

YEAH A NEW POST! Cute as ever, I have to say stick to trying the fruits, they are actually quite tasty. Squash is also one of Aidens favorite.
Yeah tornados, I have only ever done one hideout and it was freaky! take care you guys!
love you