Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kisses

Recently, Myra has started smacking her lips together each time we give her a kiss or if we make kissing sounds from across the room....makes us smile every time :D



Myra has been transitioning from having 3 to 2 naps during the day. However, because she reaches her 'staying awake' limit after about 2.5 hours, nighttime comes quickly. Today she was sleeping by 5:30 pm. Seems she might be a morning person - consistently wakes up at 6 or 6:30 am no matter what time I put her to bed. Last night she was having trouble sleeping and didn't settle till around 9 o'clock - woke up at 5:45 am - crazy girl!

I purchased a Mambo Moms workout video that I can do with Myra - lots of easy latin dancing and some floor exercises -- Myra LOVES it! My intention is to do it first thing after she wakes up though today I opted to clean her room instead.

Myra is slowly becoming more and more enthusiastic about solids. She has a strong aversion to apples, pears and bananas and will make gagging sounds for at least 30 seconds when given even the tiniest amount. Squash is her favorite and everything I give her now is mixed with squash. We tried cooked chicken breast this week and so far so good. Her limited menu so far includes: squash, rice cereal (in small amounts since she doesn't really like it), avocado, and chicken. Yogurt and sweet potatoes are next on the list.

Yay! for a happy growing baby! :D

5 comments:

The W's said...

I love that video! She is so cute!!!

Keith - Kristen said...

That is SO sweet! I just wanna kiss and squeeze her right back!

WLJZA said...

cute video Char. Counting down the days till we get to see you. I'm so excited :) Love you all lots and lots.

Yvonne said...

That video is so cute and Kyra was mesmerized watching her. I can't believe Myra gets up 6/6:30am. If Kyra gets up before 8 I think that's too early.
That workout video sounds fun - makes me want to pull out my Pilates video and get in better shape for this next delivery I have to go through:P
So fun once they start eating solid foods - with Kyra as long as anything I give her is mixed with prunes, then she'll eat it. Loves those prunes that girl. I just wrote you a really long message so I'm going to go now. Love you! We get to see each other this month - woohoo!

Roxy Roller said...

What a SWEETHEART you have there! So good to hear you enjoying her so much- there are so many cool moments along the way. I just wanted you to know that you guys are still in our thoughts and prayers, that we have not forgotten you, and that we love you guys very much! Wish we could catch up in person, and get to know Myropolis!
~Rox