Thursday, December 6, 2007

Life

It's -12 degrees this morning - yikes! I think I need to invest in some thermal underwear - ha ha - :D

The view from my kitchen window...



I made a batch of not-so-yummy cereal cookies for Myra the other day. The only ingredients involved were oat flour, rice cereal, a little bit of oil, and ice water - very bland! But Myra didn't know any better so I let her try them for breakfast yesterday. She seemed to enjoy them.....somewhat. :D



Myra's first tooth has cut through. :D I was so excited to discover it! It is just barely above the surface of her gums so no good pictures of it yet.

Decorating for Christmas...







Tim's classmate and friend gave us this artificial tree complete with lights. :D The ornaments are our own. Thanks again Craig!
It makes our living room so much more christmas-y! :D



Only 13 more days till we arrive in BC! Yippee!!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas in Sask.
Enjoy your time in B.C.
Merry Christmas
Aunt Ruth

Dan and Lynn said...

Hi Charlotte! The decorations look great! I wish we could be there to see them in person, but we'll settle for you coming here instead:). Can't wait for you guys to get here!! We've been following your blog ever since you left so we've seen bits and pieces of Myra, but I'm sure it will be a big shock to see how much she's grown & changed! Oh, and good job on the cereal cookies...that's a very creative way to feed her cereal!

Lots of love,
Lynn

Craig Neufeld said...

Thats a pretty sharp Christmas Tree ;)

The W's said...

I love the view from your kitchen window!! How wonderful that you get to see family and friends soon!! Yay!

Yvonne said...

The view from your window is beautiful - wish we still had
snow:(
Cool idea for the cookies - I still think it's great that you're making food for Myra. Yea for Christmas decorating! Your place looks great - I really need to get on that. Love you - only 2 more weeks till you're here? Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Hey Char - I love the looks on Myra's face - "What on earth is this - oh its not too bad, I'll try some more". Anyway she was my laugh of the day. Your view is awesome - now wouldn't it be nice if there were lights in some of those trees? Enjoy.
love,
A. Susan

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

I too love the expressions that Myra is making and her "chattering"! Yeah for a tooth, can't wait to see pictures, they look so cute with there new teeth.
Did you just make up the recipe for the cookies, I would love to try it for Aiden, I am trying to avoid the arrowroot which have a lot of sugar
love you guys
jealous that you get to go to BC