Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fun Times



One of the fun things to see in Myra over the Christmas holidays was her total excitement for other kids/babies. While we were at Dan and Lynn's house, every time Ethan came into the room Myra would start yelling a happy yell. As we waited for our plane in Vancouver, a little girl came over and started playing "peek-a-boo" with Myra and Myra laughed and laughed - (when we play that with her she mostly just smiles) :D So, I had an idea yesterday to pull out my doll that I had as a little girl and give it to Myra to play with - she was so excited! and maybe even a little bit scared of it at first. I tried to capture her initial reaction on video ....so cute!!







Here on campus Myra has her friend Kai to play with (about the same age as Ethan) - so that's good. I'm also hoping to find a local moms/tots group or something for us to participate in.


The weather here has been quite mild in the past few days. Within 24 hours all the snow melted (causing flooding in some areas). The green grass combined with sunny skies and warm temperatures - almost feels like it could be Spring - but I know it's still January and we'll probably get a few more dumps of snow before the season is over. The highlight of the day today was taking Myra for a little walk outside. Her new favorite activity is to step/walk while holding onto our hands... one of many new things she learned over the holidays



(Note: I will post a video here of Myra "walking" but I've been waiting forever for it to upload and can't wait any longer today.)

With learning to crawl (sits on all fours but that's it so far), learning to step/walk, growing, and seriously teething...Myra has had a hard time sleeping for more than 3 hours in a row. Since being back, she's settled into a pattern that is something like this: I wake her up at 8 am (to hopefully result in a more normal routine); naps at 10 and 2; bed at 6:30 or 7 pm; wake up at 8:30 pm and play/refuse to sleep till 11:30 pm. Needless to say, I've been seizing the opportunities to nap myself :D

The weirdest experience for us this week was having a full blown thunderstorm two nights ago. Never expected to experience that in January!

Anyways....
Time for me to crawl into bed and sleep - wishing you peace-filled rests tonight. :D

11 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

I love the video of Myra playing with the doll - so cute!!! And the pictures of Tim & Myra are great! Looks like the new camera is working well for you guys:).

Heather said...

Hello - I have been reading your blog for quite some time now! Thought I would let you know - I was in shock when I read about Myra's routine. It basically parallels Carter's (For this week anyways :) I think it is deffinitly all the major learning/ development that is going on at this age. It is so amazing to watch them learn new things everyday!

Ruth said...

Thanks soooo much for being so faithful in up-dating your blog, we love to read and watch the videos.
Give Mrya a big kiss and hug from me.

Aunt Ruth

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Ohh that doll brings back memories! What an adorable reaction! She is definitely a girl, I think Aiden would just pummel the poor thing.
Yeah for walking:) However the achiness in the back is pretty crazy after a few months of the walking stage. Aiden is one handing it now, so it gives us a little break
love you guys!

Keith - Kristen said...

Oh wow, how that doll brings back memories! How special to share that with your own daughter.

Yvonne said...

I remember playing with that doll! Apparently so do some other people who read this blog:) Myra looks so grown-up walking. Hopefully you're able to connect with a moms group. It's always nice for kids to have other kids to play with. Love you!

WLJZA said...

I miss you!! Glad Myra had fun with your doll. And I like the jacket Tim's wearing while walking Myra :). Love you guys.

Leanne said...

Wow, it's amazing how quickly they learn new things. Time really does fly. She looks so grown up.
Wishing you more sleep soon!

Kirsten said...

I too was going to say how that doll brought back lots of memories. Makes me think of Mission Days!
Love you guys : )

The W's said...

How cute! I love how that doll is bringing back memories for so many people :)
I'm glad someone understands my love of Safeway!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Myra with her arm around the doll... looks so 'mommyish' and big sisterish :)
Andrea