Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Roar"



Wow! Myra is 9 months old today!! Crazy how time flies and how I can barely remember life before her :D This week we've had fun imitating. Myra has learned to wave 'bye-bye', roll a ball toward me (only with her left hand), now uses the hammer to hit the shapes on her hammering toy, and will bang two blocks together to make fun sounds. She says "daad dadada" "mamama mam" and most recently "wao wao wao" (sounds like wow) and "hai" (sounds like hi). If one of us coughs, she will too (fake of course). SO FUN! I love it. We're working on giving kisses but so far she just head butts Tim and I - ha ha!




She is still on the verge of crawling - she goes from her stomach to sticking her bum in the air (hands, feet, and head on the floor), to all fours to back on her stomach. I expect that she will crawl within the next two weeks and then it's good-bye to leisurely getting stuff done while she plays. :D

Here's a fun moment we captured on camera...."what does a tiger say?"



Wishing each of you relaxation and laughter this weekend :D

"ba-bye"

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow - 9 months old! It is amazing how kids completely take over your life and you can't, or don't want to remember what life was like before them:) Good luck Myra with the crawling - love you and miss you!

WLJZA said...

Oh she's sooo cute. Miss you guys lots.

Ruth said...

soooooooooo cute!
Aunt Ruth

Rosanna Toews said...

I need a Myra squeeze today. Wishing the distance wasn't so far. Loving you lots. I love the pictures and video.

The W's said...

I love her eyelashes in the first picture....so cute.

Russ and Carmen said...

She's so precious and learning so much! Thanks for all the pics, Char! You should be proud. i know you are. :) Love you!
Carmen :)

Dan and Lynn said...

It's so much fun to catch up on Myra's new discoveries! Wish we could see them in person, but blogs are the next best thing. I love the pictures, and the video is so cute!!

Hope you're having a good weekend! Wish you could be here to go to Starbucks with me!

Keith - Kristen said...

How is it that this girl gets more precious every time you do a post?! Love the video, put a smile on my face, that's for sure! And her big blue eyes in those pics, killer. :)

Jamie said...

That's adorable. Keziah started saying "rarr!" a couple of months ago too. I like seeing Myra's smile right after as if she's thinking, "I'm so smart!"

Sarah said...

The video was adorable - I had to watch it a second time. Myra is such a beautiful girl!

Kirsten said...

wow, I feel like Myra's face matured even since the last post! ha ha. I love the roar. What a cutie you have (and what a good mom you are!)

Nadine said...

She is looking so very beautiful! I agree. She's growing so quickly and into such a beauty!