Friday, September 5, 2008

Chicago Fun (long post)

Yikes! I am so behind on my blogging!!!
Tim and I decided we needed to spend some time in Chicago before classes started, so on Sunday we joined up with Rob and Sandy and Chang (their international student) for a day of sightseeing and eating famous Chicago style pizza.
The plan was to take the 9:30 am train from South Bend but due to the mismanagement of time on my part we missed the train in spite of running so hard I almost threw up. Since Rob and Sandy were already on the train, we decided to drive to Michigan City to catch the train there. We barely made it. Needless to say it was a very stressful beginning to the day and Tim and I are more certain than ever that we will never compete in the Amazing Race as a team.

Here we are so relieved and happy to be on the train.



Keeping Myra entertained ...the cards had animal pictures on them.



First stop: Lincoln Park Zoo and lunch.



Enjoying a foot long hot dog...



Myra was so tired by the time we started going around to see the animals that she fell asleep within the first 5 minutes and stayed alseep the entire time. Guess we'll have to go again sometime :)



(We took quite a few pictures of the animals and stuff but it who wants to see animals when you can look at pictures of cute Myra?)

At the end of our zoo fun, I woke up Myra so that she could enjoy a small spray park. I didn't think she would mind seeing as how much she LOVES water. :D









I just love watching her having so much fun :D

So next stop....we went to the Hancock Center and spent time in the observatory that was on the 94th floor. Very cool!











And finally...the best pizza ever! Giordanno's Pizza...mmmmmm!



So that was Sunday - ended up being a really fun day in spite of the stressful start :D

TTFN!

8 comments:

WLJZA said...

mmmm. that looks like yummy pizza, and I love that I even KNOW that it is really yummy, cause I've been there with you (though perhaps at a different location).

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

That made me laugh out loud seeing Myra totally in the water like that, and that pizza, considering I am going through a major pizza craving right now, that looks incredible!

Chrys said...

what a fun day! I loved seeing those pictures - is it only a couple months ago I was there? Chicago's such a great city. And Myra is such a cutie - love the pics of her!!

Anonymous said...

Just love being able to peek in on you and see how your lovely family is doing. Still missing you though!!
HUG (Brennagh's newest word of the week!)
Tammy and Brennagh

Sarah said...

Wow that pizza does look amazing!
And as for your Amazing Race reference, I had to laugh (out loud no less). Gerdi and I too have come to that same conclusion regarding ourselves!!

Rosanna Toews said...

Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Myra getting a face full of water... and she doesn't seem to mind! Good for her! And yes, that deep dish Chicago pizza sure rivals the one Andrew bought at the grocery store yesterday! (Even though the box said it rivals the best in Chicago! Not!)

Anonymous said...

Several practitioners are pleased to combine any of them strategies. Case among the great things that might after you use the net to find a suitable provider of men sizegenetics. It is just a more advantageous method than taking a look at phone publications and / or newspapers commercials. It's so much simpler so you can customize the experience any time you attend a web-site. Utilizing the greatest websites, you can expect to have search functions that may be able to restrict your search to places or areas. You need capable of find out equally scheduling details and a menus of prices.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/