Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Much ado about nothing

Well, we are slowly but surely settling in to routines and life here in Indiana. Myra usually falls asleep for night around 7:30 P.M., wakes up to feed at 9 and then at 3:30 and then wakes up in the morning between 7:15 - 7:30. I usually go to bed after midnight and so feel like 7:30 A.M. is much to early when really it is quite a reasonable hour to wake up. :-) So something fun we've been doing is getting Myra and putting her in bed between us and snoozing for another half hour or so in the morning. Sometimes Myra sleeps as well and sometimes she babbles and tries to grab our noses :)

This morning Myra and I joined my friend Hannah for a walk around the school campus. (about 1 mile in length) Myra was ready for her first nap of the day when we started out, hence the soother and sleepy eyes in this next picture.




The rest of the day was spent tackling my kitchen and cuddling with Myra. (She has a bit of a cold right now and doesn't like being left on the floor to play or having to sleep in the crib - she'd rather be held)

I figure I spent about 3 full hours scrubbing 4 cabinet doors, cleaning my range hood and doing dishes. There were definitely moments of disgustingness - check out the filter for the stove fan - the one on the left is the dirty gross one. Not sure if it ever has been changed :S



Tim is currently immersed in orientation and preparation for the start of classes. His first class is on Friday morning. The days are a mixture of tediousness, anticipation, and fun with new friends.
A welcome break from the information overload today was opening the package from Amazon.com and watching the first few episodes of Simpsons - season 10 :)



That was our day in a nut shell. Anyone feel like coming to sit on my couch tomorrow? I'll make some tea :)

Here's a random video of Myra "eating" her toy. :) Not the most entertaining, I know but hey, at least you get to see her in action.



Cheers!

9 comments:

Rosanna Toews said...

I'll come sit on your couch. Love the Myra picture with the Simpsons DVD. Miss you.

Ruth said...

Wish I could come for tea.

Prayed for you guys this morning...asking for strength, joy and his love and comfort to overwhelm you today.

Thanks for the pictures!
Aunt Ruth

The W's said...

I can relate to your cleaning story....although you have me beat with that range fan! Ugh! We just moved in and I am cleaning and organizing. Too bad we couldn't have cleaning parties together! Hope the rest of your settling in goes well. Myra is sure cute!!

Keith - Kristen said...

That filter is nasty :( Yuk! Myra's growing so much. It's nice to see videos of her even eating her toys. Oh hey, did you guys find anything at that auction?

Leanne said...

On the weekends we have Lucas come into our bed for some cuddles too - but he loves to jump and climb on us, poke our eyes and say "Eyes!"...And then we discovered how much he loves the clock radio, so now he plays with that while we get a few more winks...sort of. The volume dial is the most fun :)
Anyway, thanks for the update and the pictures, it's fun to see how Myra is growing.

WLJZA said...

I miss you guys. I would love to come and sit on your couch. This ones just not the same without you. I love the pics and video and reading about your days. Love you so much.

Yvonne said...

Looks like you have a very full couch. Want one more?:) I love the video of Myra - I love watching kids as they study toys and then have to put it in their mouth. So cute. Glad you're making friends and settling into a bit of a routine. We try to take Kyra into our bed a bit too but she's far too active for that. Usually ends up climbing all over us until we get up:) Love you and miss you!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

LOL Jeff and I do the same thing with Aiden in the morning and it has been just a great way to bond for a bit before the craziness of the day begins. I love it!
I love that sleepy picture! Sometimes I wish I could curl up in there snuggliness:)

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading abour your journeys -- car and parenting. Myra is soooo cute, and since I knew Tim 'way back when' Myra reminds me of Tim as a baby. Great closet organization Charlotte!!!