Saturday, April 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It's hard to believe that one year ago today I went from being chronically depressed and miserable to being so so so relieved and happy to not be pregnant anymore! :D and of course to be able to see and hold Myra for the first time -- it was such a good day!







My "Myra" tree -- it was outside my hospital window and so pretty.



Our friends Katie and Alan came over for supper to help us celebrate the big day - I realized afterwards that we didn't get any pictures together with them, which was kind of dumb - sorry guys! We loved that you could be here with us!

Myra's feast....blueberry yogurt and meatballs (beef, sweet potato, baby cereal, and wheat germ) - Mmmm! (not) :D



Our feast ... pizza, pop, and chips. "Just what you would expect at a kid's birthday party" - Tim.



Cake time! - well...it was actually mint chocolate cream pie :D










I love how she was so mesmerized by the flames :)

Opening presents...







Yay! Ferrari! :D



Thanks everyone for the Happy Birthday phone calls - even though Myra doesn't really get it, it was so nice to hear from family! :D

I've been feeling very aware lately of how quickly things change and that I really need to cherish the moments I have with Myra - at night when I wake up with her - I try to etch into my memory what it feels like to hold her close and to have her head snuggled into my neck - it's one of my favorite things :D

I'm looking forward to all the new things we're going to experience together this next year ...like swing sets and sandboxes and learning to talk... etc.

it's gonna be great!

10 comments:

Russ and Carmen said...

Happy Birtday Myra!! Wow! 1 year old already! I love your Ferrari hat the best. Your daddy makes you look so cool. :) I hope we'll get a chance to meet again before your 2nd birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day. Did you like your cake? Take care, sweetie.

Love, Auntie Carmen :)

WLJZA said...

Happy Birthday Myra!!!! You and daddy look so cute with your matching hats :). We love you lots.

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday, Myra! Wish your mommy and I could go for a walk at Mill Lake and Lucas and you could play at the toddler playground.
The next year is going to be great!

Dan and Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Myra!! I wish we could've been there to give you a big birthday hug! The party looked like lots of fun, Charlotte. Good job on the cake/pie!

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Myra! I remember when you were born, and my first cuddle with you. I was SO excited to hear the news. Oh Char, I remember those sad depressed days. I am SO glad those days are over, and were transitioned with the joy of Myra. She is such a beautiful girl, and you are such a good mom. I love getting to read your blog. I miss you.
Love and Blessings to you, Tim and Myra

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Myra. Big hugs and kisses from Aunt Ruth

The W's said...

Happy Birthday Myra!! Looks like you had a fun party. It's been fun "watching" you grow through all the pictures. Tell Mommy to keep them coming.

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Myra, you are do precious, wish you and Aiden could have a play date, he would love to "share" your cool hat:)

Keith - Kristen said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Myra! You are so loved and cherished!

Jamie said...

Happy belated birthday Myra! It looks like you had a fantastic birthday!