Sunday, August 19, 2007

Home Stretch

We've made it to Indiana!!!! So far on our journey we have crossed 10 state borders including: Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. We are on our last map page - no need to turn any more pages :)
Tomorrow we get to sleep on our own bed - Yippee!!!





Funny story about this sign - the highway becomes a toll highway after Chicago. When Tim and I saw this sign we both almost had heart attacks as we could not believe that they would make us pay sixty dollars to use the highway! We figured they should at least give us a one year pass for that. Fortunately, as I was busy collecting the cash needed to pay this absurd toll, we saw the sign again and realized the fee was only sixty cents :) - phew!



Praying mantis that we saw at the pump at the Shell station in Iowa. Thought it was cool.



That's it for today :)

...oh yeah...funny thought - we will cross another time zone tomorrow so it will take one hour to drive to Chicago and three hours to drvie back :) ...confused?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your faithful blogs Charlotte; fun to see where you've travelled, thanks for checking in and phoning too; glad you reach your destination tomorrow. Hope your boxes will have travelled well and that they arrive in good shape and on time tomorrow as well - would love to help you unpack and set up; know we love you lots, asking God to go ahead of you and to orchestrate the details of your arrival in Elkhart and 'moving in'; may you know HE is and will be with you in your new home! Mom

Yvonne said...

Wow - you made it to Indianna. It hasn't sunk in yet that you guys have moved to a different country. Praying that your settling in goes well and that unpacking goes as good as something like that can:) Enjoy sleeping in your bed - yea!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning...I just showed Nathan the little video clip of Myra (yesterday's post) and he said "baby" and then showed me the sign for "more", so we watched it 3 or 4 times :)
Yippee for being almost there!!! And yippee for 60 cent tolls :)

Anita

Leanne said...

Yay for sleeping in your own bed :) I'm so glad that you've made it safe and sound, and have made some good memories along the way.

Elissa said...

Charlotte, me and my mom just about died laughing at the $60 vs. .60 cents incident. Glad it was the latter and not the first! Hope you guys have had a great family vacation! Looking forward to hearing about your new home.

Kirsten said...

Oh Charlotte! what fun. I finally was able to sit down and catch up on your trip. Thank you so much for giving so many details and pictures. I can't wait to hear about you setting up your new home. I too really laughed at the $60 vs. .60. So funny to picture you trying to scrounge up the money. That would be absurb!

I have been thinking of you lots and praying for you three. Lots of joy in this adventure, but sorrow intertwined. I pray that you will find your rest and strength and joy in our Father in heaven.

p.s. I worked on 3R in room 12 today!! Was thinking of you SO much! I wish you were there with me :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I have been reading your blog for awhile now, but have never responded. Sorry. I have just figured it out and I am happy to finally say Myra is so beautiful and you live quite the busy life. I am so happy to hear you arrived safe and sound in Elkhart and I can't wait to see pictures of your new home. Hope your truck arrives with all of your contents inside safely. I have truly enjoyed hearing your stories and seeing pictures of your trip. It makes me want to pack up the car and just drive.
God Bless,
Shauna

christy said...

hi, i know tim from way back in my youth days, you probably know my cousin Jen Gunther better. But i have been following your blog and am glad to hear you made it to your new home safely. Enjoy the unpacking and feeling at home.