Monday, August 27, 2007

Success!



This post is to celebrate a few successes big and small :)

Number 1: My sister in law, Ang, is a tri-athelete and she successfully completed the Ironman Triathalon in Penticton this past weekend. (that means 11 hours of swimming, biking, and running!) I could not even make it swimming across the lake and back. I can barely run for 30 seconds! (I know, I'm pathetic) :)

Anyways, Ang, we are sooooo PROUD of YOU! Good job and congratulations! We wished we could have cheered you on from the sidelines but since we couldn't we kept our eyes glued to the live feed on the ironman website. :-)



Number 2: Turns out that when the button on our oven is pointing to "bake" it actually doesn't bake - instead it burns the top of our pizza and leaves the bottom raw. So I was excited when I managed to successfully make a batch of chocolate chip cookies - which I've been craving all week :)

Number 3: Having the right products make all the difference! I bought some "Lime Away" to try on the bathtub and wouldn't you know it - the bottom of our bathtub is actually a nice off white/cream color and not a yucky brown as originally seen.

Random picture of Myra looking cute after her bath :)



Number 4: My kitchen cabinets have been giving me a lot of grief - When I went to casually wipe the cupboards before loading them with our stuff I realized that they were very sticky and caked with a layer of grease/oil. Gross!!! I have used all kinds of cleaners on them already but then I discovered "Oil Soap" and it is amazing! Still takes some diligent scrubbing but when you finish, the cabinets look new and fresh and most important - are NOT sticky :)




Anyways, I'm sure most of you don't really care about my cleaning breakthroughs :) so in other news....Myra is growing and growing and growing! I pulled out all kinds of outfits the last few days - both from my "6-12 month" box and my "12 month" box. This particular jumper is labeled 12-18 months. Crazy! but fun :)





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I, for one, am very impressed with your cleaning products :) I'm very happy that you found products that work for you!

Thanks for sharing your successes...

Anita

p.s. Chocolate Chip Cookies...we'll have to have a "cookie/phone" date soon!

Kirsten said...

Yah! A new post. I miss you I miss you! And I too am thrilled about cleaning products that work! I can picture you working so hard to make your new home. I am proud of you Charlotte. Wish I could be there helping you. And Myra...you are so cute. Thanks for the update Char! And just so you can be rest-assured (not that you were nervous) but your papers and binder have been signed, sealed and delivered! Love you

Anonymous said...

Hi you all - loved the post! Love you lots.

-Mom and Rosanna

Yvonne said...

It's so great to see your smiling face Charlotte. I miss you. Myra is so sweet. Glad you had all those successes - congratulate your sis-in-law for me. That's incredible. Hope the unpacking and settling in gets better and better. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm.......sounds like the bottom element in your oven is burned out and needs replacing.

Been there

Russ and Carmen said...

You know that I'm always happy to hear of your cleaning successes. :) Myra's getting especially cute these days! and you're beautiful as usual. :) OH yeah. Tim. you look good too. didn't want you to feel left out. :) hope you're starting to feel at home in Indiana!
Love you.
CArmen :)

The W's said...

Love the post. I'm going to make a note of those cleaning products.....
It's sharing about the everyday routines, such as cleaning, that help your family and friends feel like they are sharing in your life even though you are so far away.
Myra, you are too cute!

Keith - Kristen said...

So precious in that little jumper! Sounds like a lot of work settling in but I'm glad things are coming together for you and your family.

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

The settling in seems to be going well, I am so happy for you guys, trust me I can relate on finding a great cleaning product!
I am a bit obsessed in the area!
It's a little sad putting away the little tiny outfits, but so much fun to try on the new ones. I can't believe how much Myra has grown in such a few short weeks. Absolutely and completely cute:)
love you guys

Anonymous said...

very excited for you about the cleaning... nothing worse than a dirty bathtub and dirty cupboards... that would definately make my day too :) and wow, is Myra ever growing... and looking as cute as ever :) love the shoes!!!
Andrea

WLJZA said...

You guys made the cutest niece for me to have. Thanks. I love the new pics of her and you two and I'm happy that you've found cleaning products that actually work.(cause you know how much of a cleaner I am). I love you all. And Waylon loves you all too. So does Veranda.

Leanne said...

I know it's been said, but I must say it again: Myra is seriously adorable. And the jumper and shoes are darling, girls clothes are grand:) I'm glad that you successfully baked cookies, wish I could have one...! And I'm glad that you are getting settled in, I'm still praying for you daily.