Monday, August 13, 2007

The Windy Road to San Francisco

Hooray! We are in San Francisco. :)

The top three moments of the day...

Number 3: Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge



Number 2: Driving along the Redwood Forest and being surrounded by massive trees










Number 1: Driving along the coast of California on highway #1 ... it was so windy (curvy) and cool with spectacular sights. Unfortunately, after 6 hours of turning corners we weren't quite as thrilled. :)










We finally arrived at our hotel around 8 pm - it's 10 pm now and Tim just left to pick up the pizza we ordered. We're going to eat pizza in bed and watch Shrek 3 on pay per view. I'm so relieved not to be in the car any longer :) and looking forward to hanging out in San Fran tomorrow.

Thanks for all your comments - they always bring smiles to our faces :-)

5 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

Glad that your able to stop and enjoy your trip. Thanks for sharing these moments with us all. I look forward to checking up on you guys every day. Those trees are amazing! Wow!

Rosanna Toews said...

I love you!

Corinne said...

Hi Charlotte, I'm not sure that you'll know who I am, I am Anika (Isaak) Lacerte's sister. I also went to CBC when Tim did. I must admidt that I have been stalking you since you started your blog. I've been enjoying watching Myra grow. Anyways, I just thought that it was time that I let you know that I am and have been praying for you and your family as you begin this new journey in your life.
Blessings! Corinne (Isaak) Bargen

Leanne said...

Hey Charlotte,
I love the pictures and the stories! It sounds like you're enjoying the adventure, and handled the night in the parking lot with humour...good for you guys :) You're right, it DOES make a good story.
Thinking and praying for all three of you.

Yvonne said...

Those trees are amazing! You look very tiny standing next to that one. No wonder you were so looking forward to going there. How was Shrek 3? It must be nice to do mindless stuff and sit with having a vehicle rumble underneath you. Praying for you as you continue to travel. You guys take some amazing pictures - look forward to more. Love you!